Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Meme

Thanks go to my knitting heroine, Jung at Heart, for this meme, which I have here stolen. :-)

Christmas Meme

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
    Wrapping paper. It makes the cat happy.

  2. Real or artificial tree?
    Real. I'd like to say it's all about the carbon footprint (real trees beat fake trees, believe it or not), but really, it's all about the smell.

  3. When do you put up the tree?
    The tree must be up at least two weeks before Christmas, or I can't start shopping. Until the tree's up, I just can't get in the mood.

  4. When do you take it down?
    Usually New Year's Day. No matter how much I cry and stamp my feet. ;-)

  5. Do you like eggnog?
    I like it, but it does not like me.

  6. Favorite gift received as a child?
    The set of plastic dinosaurs (complete with palm trees!) that my grandfather gave me.

  7. Do you have a nativity scene?
    No. Although I do have a dancing snowman and penguins display.

  8. Hardest person to buy for?
    my grandmother. You'd think it would be easy - she's in her 90s! - but it's torture!

  9. Easiest person to buy for?
    My husband.

  10. Worst Christmas present you ever got?
    A case of motor oil. I kid you not.

  11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
    ...cards?.... uh oh.

  12. Favorite Christmas movie?
    Probably Rudolph - I love those cheesy claymation/puppet holiday movies. And I can sing all the songs. And I do, every single time. ;-)

  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
    I'll let you know.

  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
    ...I'm going to have to take the 5th...

  15. Favorite thing to eat on Christmas?
    Champagne, caviar, and a roast duck.

  16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
    Clear. Or one color. But I don't like those multi-colored lights very much.

  17. Favorite Christmas song?
    Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt. No other version will do.

  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
    This year, it's a dream come true - we're staying home. Hooray!

  19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer?
    Yes.

  20. Angel or star on top of tree?
    Star.

  21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning?
    Christmas eve. I know I'll get so excited about what I got for The Mister that I won't let him wait until Christmas morning to open it.

  22. Most annoying thing this time of year?
    Ads that start before Halloween. Shopping Malls.

  23. Do you decorate your tree in any theme or color?
    It's a strange combination of tiny antique ornaments and anything tropical I can lay my hands on.

  24. What do you leave for Santa?
    An ice cold martini. He deserves it.

  25. Shopping...
    I used to make everything, but outside of a few friends, it's just not worth it. So we shop locally - this year we plan on taking the weekend before Christmas and Christmas eve and shopping Amesbury and Newburyport downtown to fill baskets of goodies for everyone on our lists.

  26. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?)
    Both! I love Christmas decorations.

  27. Favorite Christmas cookie?
    Since you can't get Educator cookies anymore, I'd say those thumbprint cookies with the strawberry jam in the middle. I adore them!

  28. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry?
    no. Isn't that silly?

  29. Do you believe in Santa?
    absolutely!

No comments: