Monday, May 11, 2009

This IS embarassing...

I seem to have fallen off the blogsphere for... good lord, could it really be almost 3 months?? I don't have a good explanation, but I promise I was busy.

Installment #1 - The Knitting Content

There was knitting and finishing:
























Those singles I showed you lo these many months ago were plied, and became this lovely little dress, Little Liza Jane, designed by Alison Greene Will and gifted to a friend and former co-worker. Thanks so much Alison for such an adorable pattern! I loved knitting it and, if some obliging knitting-friendly pal gives me the chance, I'll do so again!



















The entrelac sweater was completed, although the hem will have to be ripped and redone over the summer (the bind off is far too tight. I need to suck it up and just do the tubular bind off I did on the cuffs and collar). Here, The Mister, in full Winter Fur (and a couple of cocktails) does his best impression of a catalog model. I think he should keep his day job, don't you?

In addition, socks were knit! Pairs of them!
























These, Rivendell, in a steel blue merino/bamboo blend by Sereknity Yarn and Fiber, and below, Hedera, in some of the lovely Panda Wool I can't seem to stop buying from Little Knits.
























And the ongoing saga of the Big Red Sweater - progress has been made!























That's 19" of the back of the Cabled Jacket by Debbie Bliss. I'm about 1.5" away from binding off for the arm holes and starting to decrease. I love the pattern and the yarn, but my hands are exhausted and I have calluses on my fingertips. I'll be glad to finish the back and put it away for a little while to get on to other projects.

Like your socks, right Kyle? ;-)

And then there's this...

/begin rant

There was also a little Knitting Fail involving a pattern purchased off Ravelry. I don't want to bash anyone, so I'll leave out the name of the pattern, but, lord love a duck - people, if you're going to ask money for a pattern, could you at least make a proper chart and put in detailed instructions? And while you're at it, I'd appreciate it if you took a little more care and didn't just fudge it where it gets hard. It looks sloppy and unprofessional and you should know better. It's hard work and a real talent to be able to translate a design into a pattern. Those two things are not the same! Only one of them is worth money to others.

/end rant.

Next Installment - Where The Hell Have You Been?

2 comments:

Tina M. said...

Oh. My. God. Those Rivendell socks are some of the most gorgeous knitting I have EVER seen. Wow.

The lack of pattern writing knowledge is one of the big reasons I'm hesitant to offer pay patterns. I don't ever want people to feel that frustrated.

Annie said...

I missed you. I really did.