Friday, October 12, 2007

I love autumn so much!

This time of year I just love where I live.

The leaves are just starting to turn...















And soon, the boats will be coming out of the water for the winter, but for now, they're still a handsome sight out there on the river...



















While the leaves are just getting going, the marsh grass is going at it in style. Don't you just love the color?















I'm optimistic that the weather will clear over the weekend and I can get some less gloomy shots.

In the meantime, here's something distinctly more cheery - this week's delivery from Boston Organics. They deliver fresh-to-your-door organic fruit and veg and assorted sundries. And autumn is when the service really shines...















And now for the knitting/spinning content, lookee the spindle I made! There was a discussion on the Spindlers group on Ravelry about making your own spindle with an old knitting needle... a trip to the local bead shop later and I give you, my fine .4 oz spindle:



















That's a bamboo US6 knitting needle, an etched bone disc, and a very pretty glass bead. Viola! Now to order me some of those fancy fibers I've been lusting after - silk hankies, soy silk, bamboo, etc. Wheee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures have me; poor land-locked me, drooling for, craving, needing to be near the water. ::sniff::

Are you coming down for Rhinebeck? Haven't heard from you since WOOL.

Harriet said...

Also meant to say, I love your newly spun yarn. How do you like the Babe? I was thinking about getting one as a travel wheel (since I camp so much, they look fairly indestructible.