Sunday, March 23, 2008

Can't blog now.... knitting!

I've been way too obsessed with finishing Rogue to do anything else this past week. But it's paid off - I'm finished knitting! Seaming and hemming don't count...





















I was really worried about the hood before blocking. It was sort of lump and weird at the top, but it looks fine now. The yarn (Paton's Classic Merino) washed up unbelievably soft. I am very very impressed and will use this low-cost alternative again.

The cables came out soooo pretty after blocking. See?























I was hoping to start seaming today (Sunday), but I just don't think they're dry enough yet. The arms are close, but the body has a ways to go yet. I'll put the fan on them overnight tonight and that should help. With the days getting longer now, I may actually have enough daylight after work to get this put together before next weekend. The only thing I still need to look up is the details of doing the hem. I don't actually have to...you know...sew...do I?

I've done other knitting as well, of course. My favorite martini and tv-watching knitting:


















Two more Lizard Ridge panels. I am racing towards the finish line on this project and I confess I'll be sorry when it's over. I need THREE last skeins of Silk Garden and I'm done knitting. I'm ignoring the fact that I have probably a week's worth each of seaming and crocheting to do, so please don't remind me. The square on the right is color 87 (I had to dig through every single skein at my LYS, A Loom with a View, to find one with that much yellow!), and the one of the left is all leftover scraps from other squares. I am nothing if not frugal.

Beyond that, I finally got Kate's gift in the mail, unwittingly a day after her birthday, so that was pretty cool. I sure hope she likes it. Next up is Annie and I'm embarrassed to say I'm still torturing myself about what to knit for her. The Mister had a good suggestion today, which I'm going to think about during the week while staring at my stash on Ravelry.

Next up in the knitting queue:
  • Joan McGowan Michael's Racer Back Tank from Knitting Lingerie Style. I'm doing it in Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Coral, Reef, and Sunflower in a Fibonacci sequence stripe. And it will be a little longer to cover the... ummmm... fishbelly white tummy. Heh.
  • Socks for The Mister - probably An American in China from Knitty in the Spunky Eclectic beefy sock yarn I won in the raffle. His feet are a bit larger than the pattern, so some adjusting will have to be written up before I start. I'm going to teach myself Magic Loop on this.
  • My first of many knitting projects for the impending grandbaby - Marie Grace's Baby Shawl. My intention right now is to knit it in Bebe Cotsoy. I just need to decide on a color. I'm thinking either steel blue or light teal. I fondled this yarn at A Loom with a View and it is incredibly soft and squishy. And it's machine washable (granted, delicate cycle and cold water, but still...) so I think it's an acceptable substitute for the non-baby-compatible alpaca suggested in the pattern. It would be awesome in alpaca, but I wouldn't do that to new parents. It's just cruel.
Totally unrelated: we pride ourselves here at The House of Naughtiness on our beverage inventions. Last year it was Pink Drink (frozen strawberries, strawberry/white cranberry juice, a splash of orange juice, Absolut Citron, a dash of Triple Sec, and a splash of fresh lime). The year before that it was The G Spot (basically a Cosmo made with strawberry/white cranberry juice). Our first offering for this year, thanks to The Mister and Miss Katherine, is a special holiday treat...























Peeps and Champage!

Happy Easter, or Oestara, or just a nice First Sunday of Spring everyone! Enjoy!

No comments: