Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Decisions, decisions

This week I got in some more Ravelry swap yarn, and a bonus of two skeins of Spunky Eclectic Beefy Sock in the colorway Good Morning! I won them in a raffle from Kate's blog where she was collecting donations for Leukemia research in honor of her brother - they raised over $2000!! Here's the yarn:

I'm completely incapable of doing this yarn justice. It's turquoise and plum and everything in between. And it has a very high squishiness factor. The Mister took one look at it and claimed it as his own. "Socks! for ME!" he squealed. So socks it shall be. Knitty's Spring 2008 patterns just came out and I think I am going to knit An American in China. I think they're exactly what he wants in a sock - not too fancy, but extra soft and cushy on the pawpads. ;-)

In sweater news, I've gotten through almost all of the interesting bits of Rogue. This week I've finished the bottom parts of the sleeves (I'm doing them 2-at-once on a long circ) so now comes the boring knit-while-watching-TV part. Ah well - at least it's looking very nice...



















I'm still debating what sweater to start next. I'd like to get going on The Mister's Patrick, but that's an awful lot of grey for this time of year. I may go ahead and get started on my Autumn shawl instead; it's much brighter! Although there are baby sweaters that need knitting, but since he's due in July, and I won't expect he'll need much outerwear until September, I'm convincing myself that it's acceptable to procrastinate! ;-)

I also started washing and blocking my Lizard Ridge panels. My god what a difference! They're coming out at almost exactly 10" x 13", which means I'll need 25 panels to make a decorative blanket for our bed (5 panels wide and 5 panels tall will give me 50" x 5'5"). That will just cover the top with a little hanging over all sides. I think I'm going to stop there and get on to something else. I'm up to 19 panels now, with one more on the needles, so I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. When I get some decent daylight in the bedroom, I'll get a shot posted of the finished panels in position. It's very encouraging!

And don't think I've forgotten about my Knit it Forwards - Kate's is nearly finished. I need a bit of ribbon and 15 min to sew it on and I'm done! Annie's I've considered and abandoned several ideas, but I think I'm getting closer to making a decision. It may be raining here, and the official end of winter is next week, but she's in Canada, so by my calculations I've got a good two more months before her winter ends!

right?

2 comments:

The Gadabout Knitter said...

Oooh!! That sock yarn is so lovely! And your Rogue is looking awesome so far! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Kyle William said...

what if you knitted the patrick sweater in white or cream, then tried your hand at dyeing the whole garment? That could be fun! - and you wouldn't have to knit with grey yarn... (and if you wanted, it could be wor as white or cream for a bit, then dyed and worn again; people might think you made 2!)